[aaaand that’s not me]
It’s that time of year where gym memberships increase, the yoga studio is extra packed, and you’ll most likely spot someone downing a cold pressed green juice (probably the only thing they’re drinking for a few days…yuck!)
Let me say, that I’ve tried the juice cleanses, the two week detoxes and even tried to cut dairy and gluten. All attempts were a total bust…for me at least. I just sat there craving everything I couldn’t have, and then would end up binge eating a jar of peanut butter. Instead, I’ve found it helpful to add natural healing ingredients to my daily routine, making me feel more refreshed and energized.
Below is a list of my top 5 favorite detox ingredients. I find these helpful in addition to a healthy diet, and less guilt with those meals I like to indulge in once in a while!
- Turmeric is known as a natural anti-inflammatory. It can be used for all sorts of things, from cooking to beauty products. I like to use fresh turmeric juice and mix it with lemon water. This drink helps with digestion and eases inflammation as well.
- There are also turmeric supplements, for those of you who don’t have turmeric shots at your local juice bar.
- Learn more about the variety of health benefits of turmeric here.
- I’ve blogged about the healing power of charcoal here, and still stand by it. There are charcoal supplements to take, but I recommend Dirty Lemon Detox for a short term cleanse to reset after holiday eating and drinking. Charcoal is known to strip toxins from the inside, helping cleanse your body and leave you feeling refreshed.
[image from dirtylemon.com]
- Lemons are also a great addition to your morning routine. I like to have a tall glass of water with fresh squeezed lemon in the morning, helping get my system started for the day.
- Ginger is another powerful root that I like to incorporate, especially if I’m feeling a cold coming on. I like to get a shot of fresh ginger with a little cayenne pepper. If I already have a cold, this fiery shot helps relieve sinus pressure instantly!
- Need I say more? Water is the most important cleanser for the body. Make sure to drink the appropriate amount of water in accordance with your body weight! Water keeps your digestive system moving, your skin from drying, and also suppresses hunger.
*you can also follow my clean living board on Pinterest for other tips that I’ve found!
You must be logged in to post a comment.